Permanent Future Lab Wiki
From Permanent Future Lab
About Permanent Future Lab[edit | edit source]
Permanent Future Lab (PFLab) shares and facilitates accessibility to technology at publicly accessible locations. Anyone (such as animals, people and extraterrestrial life forms) of our society is welcome to (digitally) visit, discover and tinker with the available technology, without any monetary obligations! The only prerequisite as a visitor is to share experiences and other findings with others, resonating the entire eco-system PFLab thrives in: the sharing economy.The ecosystem, as can be seen in the figure, sharing:
- Every location a physical PFLab can be found at is being shared.
- Technology available at such a location is being shared by people and other parties with no direct commercial interest.
- Visitors are being welcomed by hosts, sharing their time, kindness and knowledge. Having a host is an option and can be done by people or other forms
- Experiences, new knowledge and innovations are being shared by hosts, visitors and annealed fans.
What makes PFLab possible? Well, next to a location and visitors, it is realized by a social movement structured by a self-organised decentralized people network. This means everybody, including you, can join and contribute too! Everything is an informal happening based upon three core values. By stimulating and facilitating PFLab the idea is to:
- making new technology accessible for a broader audience, and
- reducing the gap between the world of upcoming technology and society.
Next to 'passively' sharing, the movement stimulates the society to think about new developments related to technology by activities such as: sharing knowledge online with others, co-creating and developing new, better ideas. Therefore upcoming new technology with an open source character is being preferred. Like most novel products, new technology does not necessarily match the needs of current society. Especially because new technology can influence society on a different level and scale with disruptive consequences, the movement like to contribute to think and contribute positively to a rapidly changing world.
Next event[edit | edit source]
Available Innovations in the Labs[edit | edit source]
You are mostly welcome to visit a Permanent Future Lab at the location of your choice. Devices currently discoverable are innovative technologies like robotics, Virtual Realty and Internet of Things items. At every location, however, the discoverable technology differs. Therefore, complete overviews are created per location at designated pages.
Contributing[edit | edit source]
- Visiting: When you visiting a Permanent Future Lab you can help by sharing.
- Innovative technologies: Do you have a technology in abundance or are you a technology producer? Please consider to lend your technology at a location of your choice.
- Location: If you have a passion for innovation & technology and like to start a location where society shares innovative technologies by abundance, the current best way is to get in touch with multiple other initiators who can be found at their location wiki page and the movement initiators.
- Website: The site is public and can be modified by anyone due to the Wiki software. Feel free to add your own Permanent Future Lab location, the technologies you are sharing and photos you've created of the technologies. Developers can help developing this wiki. System administrators can create backups of this wiki.
- Design: You can create a poster, change the logo, or add another wiki skin.
[edit | edit source]
Locations[edit | edit source]
Utrecht: Seats2meet.com Utrecht CS
Workdays 10AM - 5PM
Eindhoven: Permanent Future Lab Strijp-S
Workdays 10AM - 5PM
Tuesday till Thursday 10:30AM - 6PM
Haarlem: PFL Haarlem