Amsterdam Vondel CS update
Van 7 - 16 juli is PFLab Amsterdam gesloten in verband met de TorenkamerEXPO, waarbij je kunt navigeren door een fysiek internet landschap. Nog steeds de moeite waard om even langs VondelCS te gaan dus!
Tech Tuesday (11 July 2017)
Tuesday July 11h, 19:00 - 23:30 at Seats2meet.com Utrecht CS, Utrecht, The Netherlands
Available Innovations in the Labs
You are mostly welcome to visit a Permanent Future Lab at the location of your choice.
Devices currently discoverable are innovative technologies like robotics, Virtual RealIty and Internet of Things items. At every location, however, the discoverable technology differs. Therefore, complete overviews are created per location at designated pages.
Permanent Future Lab | simply explained
Permanent Future Lab (PFLab) is a publicly accessible location where the newest technology is being shared. Currently there are a few in the Netherlands and one at Bali. At those locations anyone can play, discover and exchange new ideas through available technology or by learning from other passersby. Available technology varies highly from robots, brainscanners, VR headsets to Internet of Thing devices and mini controllers. And the types of people you can meet vary from lab to lab and from time to time; from first-timers to real geeks.
Accessible to Anyone
Every Permanent Future Lab (PFLab) is open to anyone of society. Without any monetary obligation!
The Value SystemPermanent Future Lab (PFLab) is initiated and facilitated by a social movement; a decentralized network of a diverse group of people supporting the sharing economy. The beauty of it is -and to the disbelieve of many- that money does not play a role. So, to be very clear: there is no business model! The labs embrace an alternative value exchange system, where sharing is key. PFLab thrives in an ecosystem free of money issues, strict hierarchical set of rules or any hassle from the old world. The PFLab sharing eco-system figure on the right explains how this works in detail.
- Every physical PFLab is located within a place that is being shared by others
- Technology available at a PFLAb is being shared by people and other parties, without any direct commercial interest.
- At some PFLabs visitors are being welcomed by hosts, sharing their time, kindness and knowledge. Having a host is however an option and can be done by people or other forms
- Experiences, new knowledge and innovations are being shared by hosts, visitors, ambassadors and fans.
Preferred sharing method
It is stimulated to share technology that is innovative and open source. With the idea, however, that PFLabs are there to empower you and others around us, the movement stimulates to share other resources too. You can think of sharing your individual knowledge, social or professional network, time and so on. At the end interconnecting with other humans and exchanging ideas with them are very important too and leads often to unexpected, valuable, insights.
By stimulating and facilitating PFLabs the idea is to:
- make new technology accessible for a broad(er) audience, and
- reduce the gap between the world of upcoming technology and society
For a Better Society
The world is changing rapidly, mainly caused by upcoming new technology. Like most novel products, new technology does not necessarily match the needs of current society. Moreover, new technology can influence society on a different level and scale with disruptive consequences, especially if it is connected to the digital world as we know it today. The movement stimulates the society to think about these new developments by activities such as sharing knowledge online, exchanging ideas face to face and by organizing recurring meetups.
You can join and contribute too! Because everything is an informal happening. And as it is a decentralized network you are free to tag along. To simplify things the movement is based upon society driven, innovation and openness, the movement's three core values to make everything happen.
- Visiting: When you visit a Permanent Future Lab you can help by sharing.
- Innovative technologies: Do you have a technology in abundance or are you a technology producer? Please consider to lend your technology at a location of your choice.
- Location: If you have a passion for innovation & technology and like to start a location where society shares innovative technologies by abundance, the current best way is to get in touch with multiple other initiators who can be found at their location wiki page and the movement initiators.
- Website: The site is public and can be modified by anyone due to the Wiki software. Feel free to add your own Permanent Future Lab location, the technologies you are sharing and photos you've created of the technologies. Developers can help developing this wiki. System administrators can create backups of this wiki.
- Design: You can create a poster, change the logo, or add another wiki skin.
- Explanation video.
- Social Media: You can share via one of the existing social media channels or start a new one. Current existing ones: Twitter (@permanentfuture, @PFLab), LinkedIn, or one of the Facebook groups (this one is a good starting point).
- Slack chat: Talk with other enthusiasts to get things done together at Slack.
See what people shared using
Utrecht: Seats2meet.com Utrecht CS
Workdays 10AM - 5PM
Eindhoven: Permanent Future Lab Strijp-S
Workdays 10AM - 5PM
Tuesday till Thursday 10:30AM - 6PM